Rockreation is now hiring belay staff for camps and on going events and programs. We are looking for several high energy, enthusiastic, friendly, patient, competent climbers who truly enjoy working with kids. Below are the full details.
To apply, please submit your resume including climbing experience to email@example.com.
Requirements and Responsibilities:
The Belay Staff is responsible for providing excellent customer service and overseeing guests/clientele as they participate in various climbing programs. This position is primarily responsible for working groups, parties, camps, film shoots, corporate and special events, as well as ensuring all Rockreation events are fun.
- This is a part-time position
- Must have weekday and weekend availability (specifically some availability M-F 9am-1pm)
- Minimum of 2-3 shifts/per week (16+ hours per month)
- gym membership included if you meet minimum hours
- Friendly and enthusiastic.
- Punctual, dependable, and reliable.
- Must enjoy working with children; previous paid experience working with kids of all ages a plus (i.e.; camp counselor, school groups, scout leader, etc.).
- Team player.
- Good work ethic and ability to display good judgement.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work with a wide range of personalities.
- Must be proficient in belaying; must pass Rockreation belay test.
- Previous customer service experience preferred.
- Knowledge of indoor climbing procedures and practices; risk management and safety.
- Ability to supervise, follow and enforce rules and regulations.
- Able to show leadership and command respect.
- Must be a competent climber.
- Ability to work some weekends.
- 1-2 years of climbing experience (indoors or outdoors).
- Belaying for groups, parties, and special events; encouraging climbers to overcome fears and climb successfully.
- Create and maintain a fun and inviting environment for guests and members.
- Keep climbers active and engaged in fun/challenging activities, while maintaining a safe environment.
- Interact with children, parents/guardians and co-workers in a professional manner.
- Ensure a safe, enjoyable operation by following and enforcing gym rules and regulations.
- Ensure that events and activities begin and end on time.
- Help set-up parties; general clean-up duties.
- Communicate policies, procedures and safety requirements, and enforce gym rules.
- Act as a role model to all kids during parties, camps, and Rock Warriors.
- Lead kids and adults through a variety of climbing activities and games.
- Follow and execute activities according to the gym’s pre-designed itinerary.
Please email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org